These two ladies are TOTAL ANGELS.
Something many of you don't know about me is that I was PTO president this past year for the elementary school here on post.
These two ladies in the picture are 2 of the most FABULOUS board members a president could ask for.
I know some of the other board members reading this are thinking 'hey, what about me...' Well, let's get this out of the way so their are only a few hurt feelings, 90% of the board members ROCKED it out this year, (the other 10% -- well as we all know there are always a few crazies you have to deal with in any organization!) these two (non-crazies) just happened to be the ones I snapped a shot of on this day! ;)
The one in the blue is an AMAZING Volunteer that was in the school EVERY WEEK running our school store. When she wasn't working the store, she was out shopping for the store. AND the last week two weeks in April and the first few weeks in May she pretty much single-handedly ran the 'behind the scenes' portion of our school Walk-A-Thon that involved over 1,100 kids and PROFITED over $10,000 for our school. Imagine how many hours you think she may have spent on this and then multiply that by 5.
The other person in the picture is our amazing treasurer. Get this: She doesn't even have kids that attend our school!! Are you KIDDING ME?!?! She pulled her kids out to home-school them, but because she made a commitment to be the treasurer BEFORE she made the decision to home-school she HONORED her commitment. This woman blows me away! She was my right hand and she always had an ear if I ever needed to vent. And yes, I needed to vent a few times! ;)
Thanks for all you gave to this school, to our children, and to our community.
Seoul American Elementary School and our Yongsan community is a better place because of you ladies!
Thank you to all SAES Volunteers.
The world is a better place because you are in it.