I normally make this after Christmas or any time I make a ham, but my friend Lara wanted to compare out recipes & it sounded good, so I made it to share with all of you too. This sandwich is a hit with everyone in our family. I don’t know where I got this recipe and I don’t have exact measurements, but you will get the idea, just go with me. I also have no idea how “authentic” this is I just know it is good.
1 TSP olive oil
2 minced garlic cloves
1 package Hawaiian rolls (I use the small one’s, I think there are 8 per package & I don’t separate them into tiny sandwiches before I cook them.)
Bacon – cooked
Dill pickle slices
· Combine oil and garlic in small dish (save for later)
· Spread each side of bread with mustard
· Layer bottom half of the bread with cheese, cilantro, pickles, & bacon
· Layer top half with cheese & ham
· Put sandwich together
· Brush garlic oil evenly on outside of rolls.
· Cook on stovetop in a large skillet, place something heavy on top of sandwiches and squish
· Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until slightly brown and cheese is melting
And the finished product is below. After the sandwich is cooked I cut them into the small squares. Served with garlic-clilantro potatoes.